Navigating the World Caring
NWC Longevity Practice is started by Dr Ng Wai Chong, an established community aged-care physician.
We provide aged care consultancy, training, research, and direct clinical services.
We are a member of the Singapore Centre for Social Enterprise (raiSE).
Before setting up his own practice, Dr Ng was Chief of Clinical Affairs at Tsao Foundation.
In his earlier years as a doctor in hospitals, Dr Ng enjoyed the clinical work in caring for frail seniors.
However, he felt that clinical work can be lacking in the holistic view of human suffering and cannot do enough to help.
Dr Ng set up NWC Longevity Practice, envisioning a world where people of all ages thrive until the very last days of their lives.
ABOUT DR NG WAI CHONG
• Veteran community aged-care physician with more than 20 years experience
• Recognised as a thought-leader in healthy ageing – from clinical work, policy development and implementation to care system design
• Consultant, advisor and trainer on long term care, dementia care, end of life care, care for frail elders and care assessment, as well as healthy and successful ageing
• Chair and member of various government committees including ElderShield Review Committee, Silver Industry Standards Committee, SPRING Singapore’s Technical Committee (Healthcare and Eldercare), Vulnerable Adults Review Board, and Board of Visitors (Office of Public Guardian)
• Clinical tutor for Graduate Diploma in Geriatric Medicine, NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
• Programme Advisory Panel member and consultant for Masters of Gerontology, Singapore University of Social Sciences
• Trainer for Council for Third Age’s (C3A) Introduction to the Geragogy Guidelines
DR NG’S AWARDS
• Minister for Health Award
• Courage Fund Healthcare Humanity Award
• Named Global Ageing Influencer by Ageing Asia
• Agency for Integrated Care (AIC) Community Care Supertasking Hero Award (Having sat on more than 20 AIC committees from 2010 – 2020)
WHAT WE WISH TO SEE
A world where people of all ages thrive until the very last days of their lives
WHAT WE DO
Longevity Consultancy –
Catalyse and facilitate the positive evolvement of the aged-care ecosystem through consultancy, training and research
Longevity Clinic –
Promote physical and mental well being through evidence-based interventions
Longevity Community –
Empower one and all to fully embrace and appreciate the growth opportunities that come with longevity by developing self- and mutual-care communities
To be true and honest with ourselves and others
Deliver on social good without compromising on financial sustainability
Enable care partners to take decisions with confidence, knowledge and skills
–《医养达人NWC Longevity Practice》的创办人兼总裁是黄卫众医生
– 黄医生于 2019 年获颁新加坡卫生部的“卫生部长奖”，和 2016 年勇气基金 “仁心奖”
– 黄医生并于 2018 年被 Aging Asia 评为 “全球老龄事业影响者”
News and Features
For persons with dementia
For community-based long term care
Bio psycho social health
Preventive health for seniors
Primary care for the frail
Community-based long-term care system
Patient-centered medical home
Team-managed home-based primary care
Advance care planning
End of life care
Care managementDr Ng Wai Chong was part of the ElderShield Review Committee that came up with CareShield Life Dr Ng Wai Chong – Scribe and Presenter at Salzburg Global Seminar Dr Ng Wai Chong at WHO Kobe, JapanDr Ng Wai Chong with Jane Verity, Founder and CEO, Dementia Care International, Channel NewsAsiaDr Ng Wai Chong with Dr Samir Sinha, Channel NewsAsia Dr Ng Wai Chong with Eduardo Klein, HelpAge International and Dr Mary Ann Tsao (Dr Ng’s mentor), UNESCAPDr Ng Wai Chong with Dr Natalia Kanem, Director UNFPA, at the Green Palace, TehranDr Ng Wai Chong with Dr Atul Gawande and Dr Mary Ann Tsao, SingaporeDr Ng Wai Chong celebrating 90th birthday of Ms Marie Louis Ansak, Founder of On Lok, San Francisco. With Ms Grace Li, CEO, On Lok HealthwaysDr Ng Wai Chong hosting SGH community patient navigators Dr Ng Wai Chong with Asian Development Bank (ADB) colleagues from Canada, China, Mongolia and SingaporeDr Ng Wai Chong’s Past and Current Work
Risk screening and case finding
Comprehensive needs assessment framework
Care management system
Dr Ng Wai Chong’s
Past and Current Work
Dr Ng Wai Chong’s clinic operates using a ‘family doctor’ model, whereby the care relationship is for the long haul.
This is especially beneficial for frail seniors.
Consultations by appointment only.
First consultation by home visit.
Subsequent consultations could be online via secure video-conferencing or chat-text applications.
English, Chinese, Hokkien, Teochew and Cantonese
英语, 华语, 福建话, 潮州话, 广东话
Ministry of Health, Singapore
Home visit, comprehensive assessment and medical consult
– from S$385 per visit
– S$85 per minimum 30-minute block
– S$25 for first 5 messages (subsequent messages are charged at Doctor’s discretion)
LASTING POWER OF ATTORNEY (LPA)
Dr Ng Wai Chong is accredited by the Public Guardian.
You can make an appointment for Dr Ng to certify your LPA.
– $165 per pax, additional person in same household will be charged at $85 per pax
Call: +65 9687 0657
Email: email@example.comWhatsApp Us
Invoice will be provided
Dr Ng Wai Chong at Savatthi, India
Dr Ng Wai Chong (centre) at Pyin Oo Lwin, Myanmar
Dr Ng Wai Chong
Grad Dip (Geriatric Medicine)
Recognised as a thought-leader in healthy ageing:
– Community aged-care physician and mindfulness trainer with over 20 years of experience
– Named Global Ageing Influencer by Ageing Asia and conferred the Minister for Health Award
– Consultant and advisor on long term care, dementia care, care for frail elders and care assessment
Dr Choo Wei Chieh
Qualified Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Teacher
Taught mindfulness courses in research, corporate and community settings including:
– 8 week MBSR (Mindfulness based stress reduction)
– 8 week MBTI (Mindfulness based therapy for insomnia)
– Bespoke mindfulness workshops for corporates
$43.20 (For Singapore Citizens and PRs aged 50 years and above)
NSA subsidy is for Singaporeans and Permanent Residents aged 50 and above
Payment for course is
Request for transfers is subjected to availability and a fee of $30 is applicable
To register, please whatsapp/call: 9687 0657
Hp: +65 9687 0657